Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Al as a rookie Las Vegas Police Officer in 1970

This was a great time in my life. I had just started teaching English at Valley High School in Las Vegas after getting my degree in Political Science and English at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. I was very happy with my job, family and for the opportunity to serve my community as a part time police officer. I worked two to three nights a week. My wife supported me all the way. This job was the hardest to leave when I received a call from the Dean of Continuing Education asking me to return to the University as a full time administrator in Continuing Education for Adults. All this after only teaching for one year in Las Vegas Clark County School District. At this time Alyse and I had five children, we were still young and adventurous.