Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One day at a time.

Today, I walked to the club house for the Heron Lakes golf course. It's at least a 1/4 mile one way. After getting to the club house, I read all the bullentin boards and caught up on the latest competition in the men's club. The pro shop was closed and no one was on the golf course as it was being overseeded. It should open back up in about two weeks. That's when I plan to start my putting practice again.

By the time I returned home, Chris had picked up our house keeper and she was busy cleaning in the Arizona room. Carmen, our house keeper, is a very nice young hispanic lady. She doesn't speak the best of English, but she has a great personality and does a great job of cleaning.

When she finished cleaning, which was about 1:30 p.m., Chris took her home and I went along for the ride. We stopped at WalMart on the way back and did some shopping for some food for me to eat. I am on a low fat, low salt, low cholestrol diet and was getting tired of eating the same old foods every day. We didn't get much in the way of groceries, but we still spent almost 2 hours shopping and I was getting tired. The long and short of it was that I was able to have some French Onion soup for dinner which was very good. I have found out though that when you shop and read all the labels that the shopping time is extended longer than I expected. But, it has to be done. All in a day's work. Tomorrow, I think that I will just do my walking and maybe go to our library and get a couple of good books to read.

4 comments:

Turn The Paiges said...

Thanks for your updates. It sounds like you are doing really well! Keep up the good work!

heather going crazy said...

Thanks for updating your blog dad, it is helpful to read it.

Turn The Paiges said...

Tagged! Check my blog....

Tennessee Sigmans said...

keep it up dad.